Headache Relief With Chiropractic care
If you constantly suffer from headaches, you are not alone. Studies have shown that 9 out of 10 Americans suffer from headaches on a daily basis. Some headaches are dull and cause throbbing pain, while others cause debilitating pain and nausea. Many people who suffer from headaches typically resort to using pain medications and fail to recognize the better alternative for headache relief.
Chiropractic care is an effective option for tension headaches and headaches that originate in the neck. Research has shown that spinal manipulation will help relieve pain in the back and neck by combining adjustments, massage, exercise and physical therapy. These techniques are designed to relieve pressure on the joints, reduce inflammation and improve nerve function. When your body is adjusted and properly aligned, tension throughout your body will disappear. Having your body in a relaxed state is essential when it comes to proper headache relief.
Common Headache Triggers:
- Muscle tension in the neck or back
- Bad posture
- Food sensitivity
- Environmental factors (noises, lights, stress)
- Physical behaviors (insomnia, excessive exercise, blood sugar changes)
- Teeth clenching
Tips to Help You Prevent Headaches:
- If you spend a large amount of time in a fixed position (in front of a computer, reading, driving etc.), take a break and stretch every hour. Stretch your head and neck to give yourself a comfortable range of motion.
- Exercise when you can to help alleviate pain associated with primary headaches. If you suffer from severe headaches, stick to low impact activities such as walking or swimming.
- Avoid and be aware of teeth clenching. The only time your top teeth should be touching your bottom teeth is when you are chewing or swallowing.
- Drink the recommended amount of water every day to avoid dehydration, another common cause of headaches. It is recommended to drink half your body weight in ounces per day and more if you are doing physical activity.
- Maintain and be proactive about your spinal and physical heath. Regular check-ups will keep your body working at its optimal best!
If you are suffering from constant or reoccurring headaches, make an appointment with Dr. Mandich today. We will be able to treat you accordingly and relieve your symptoms so you will not have to resort to harmful medications. 219-924-4456